Thursday, May 29, 2008

An early morning in the City Centre

I was supposed to start work at 9 am. I left early from home, took the bus and after one hour I was in the City Centre. It was early and I still got plenty of time.
Grafton street, in the morning...people with coffees in their hands, rushing to work, some employees cleaning the famous shops windows, news agents spreading the free newspapers, Herald AM and Metro, an usual morning in Dublin.
With my coffee with me and the newspapers, I crossed the Grafton street and entered the Stephen's Green Park, one of the most beautiful parks I have ever seen. It has a cold green beauty, it is shadowy but though with a lot of flowers and it always looks like a picture.

It was a cloudy morning, a little bit cold but I had the umbrella with me, just in case. People passing by and a guy on a bench, a few meters away, reading newspapers. I lighted my cigarette and started to read, too. It was quiet but I could feel the energy of the city. And I felt good. I spent 20 minutes, just relaxing and reading about Bono's last activities in Japan and the new events at Debenhams related to the Sex and the City hysteria. And then I left to work.

It was my second day at this new job. I didn't now what to expect because it was a completely new sector for me - fashion and totally new position - sales! What do I have in common with sales? Not much but to put the customer first was one of my first business lessons I have ever learned.
So, it is not hard and I have finally started my Irish working experience, that all the recruitment agencies told me that I didn't have.

So, what's in like in fashion world? Let me find out and I'll tell you.
To be continued.

7 comments:

Lola said...

how exciting! hope you'll like it and hope you'll tell us more about it!
congrats :)

Anonymous said...

I like it, it's kind of fun.:)
Thanks a million, Lola! :)

Anonymous said...

I keep your fists, Dora !

Anonymous said...

thanks, Cezar :)

Anonymous said...

Dora, bravo, ne bucuram pentru tine! Sa dea Domnul sa ajungi sa ai un astfel de magazin!

Te pupam,

lidia & Mada

Anonymous said...

Girls, thanks! :)) pupici!

Anonymous said...

... si dupa primul magazin sa dea Domnul sa ajungi sa ai o strada intreaga de astfel de magazine !