Thursday, April 10, 2008

I am a smoker

I have been smoking for 15 years. I prefer menthol cigarettes and I usually smoke a pack per day. Yesterday I smoked more than a pack and my throat hurts now.

I know I am a part of a blamed club - the Smokers - but I do enjoy smoking. I am not exactly sure which part of smoking gives me pleasure but I tend to believe that is the smoke itself. Not the smell of it for sure, but the gesture and the sense of inhaling.

I will quit some day. It will be a huge effort because I am dependent on nicotine but I hope to manage the process.

I feel better when I am among smokers. A certain feeling of mutual understanding makes us smoke the cigarettes in peace, without the fear that we might disturb someone .

I respect the rules imposed in public places.
But I must admit that the feeling of smoking my cigarette along with my esspreso in a cafeteria is a feeling that I will always miss. Miss you, girls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No more smoking:)). Please.......

Anonymous said...

we miss you too :) least the smoking.stick to the coffee, it`s less harmful :)

JC Skinner said...

Trust me, quitting is easier than you think. I did it three weeks ago and just wish I'd done it years ago.

A woman indeed said...

Jc skinner, I believe you and I admire you. I just don't have the energy of quitting. Not yet. But it will happen some day, I am sure about that.