Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home alone

We live in our friends house, Laura and Mircea.
They encouraged us to come here and start a new life and since our arrival they they have advised and supported us with everything.
But they are on annul leave starting today and we will be home alone for two weeks. Party time, ha? :)

We'll meet some new friends tonight and go to a surprise restaurant (Maria, can't wait!) and I have two interviews planned for Monday. So, I guess, it's a busy start.

We are curious about everything here, food, transportation, local news and habits and we have to learn so many things. For instance, I don't get the tax system, it's completely new to us! And Dublin bus seems so inefficient to me, with incomplete routes and strange timetables.

But, we decided from the beginning to be patient and to read as much as we can in order to understand and to adapt.
We like in here until now and we hope that our new country to become HOME to us very soon.

8 comments:

gugutza said...

Home alone! That's cool!
But take care with The Pizza Man! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7wND_7xkf8

A woman indeed said...

Was nice to see that part again :)

Lola said...

Hi, Dora
welcome to blogland!
nice start and looking forward to more :)

A woman indeed said...

Lola, thanks a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

My dear,
you really don't imagine how much I'm missing you. I'm at work right now translating concepts. Outside the bloody rain doesn't stop.
Hope I'll can join the bolg from time to time. Wonderful idea to share your new life although I'm pretty gelous sharing it with all the others. :)
love you, miss you, kiss you

Anonymous said...

OK, I know, I know..I've made mistakes. I'm not able to speak one language right..I'll take care from now on.

A woman indeed said...

Aninika, miss you too, mia amica!! :) It rains in here almost all the time!! :))))
Hopefully, we'll speak over the phone soon! Baci!

Anonymous said...

I'm a smoker too, a social smoker it might be said. I don't know why I'm smoking, I guess for habit. When I'm nervous, when I drink beer, when I'm with my smokers friends :) and I smoke too much in these occasions. I don't smoke in week ends because I don’t' feel the need to.
I tried to quit a million times, as I promised myself that from Monday on I'll eat healthy and go to gym Well, one can say it's a question of will (If you want, you can) but I think that one must be mentally prepared to do it and hope we'll be sometime in the future. But Dora, can you see ourselves in front of a beer or coffee without sharing our bad habit? :)